Facebook reminded me of an article I shared two years ago, The Crossroads of Should and Must. It’s a well-written article that makes you re-evaluate your position and choices in life, both professionally and personally and gain a fresh perspective on things.
Although I can’t say that my decisions from that way forward were influenced completely by the article, it certainly left a lasting impression.
This is a story about two roads — Should and Must. It’s a pep talk for anyone who’s chosen Should for far too long — months, years, maybe a lifetime — and feels like it’s about time they gave Must a shot.
The Crossroads of Should and Must by Elle Luna
Two years in retrospect, a lot has changed in my life for the better. All of which resulted in me choosing the Must road when I had a choice — specifically by:
- specializing professionally and picking projects that would get me closer to my long–term professional goals.
- improving my communication and presentation skills — doing public talks in English on several conferences with largest one being WordCamp Europe.
- exercising regularly and finishing two Tough Mudder events, several half–marathons and a full marathon.
- surrounding myself with people that inspire me and by creating a circle of friends that would push me forward.
- reducing my expenses so that I can reduce pressure and focus on important (to me) things in life — traveling and hobbies.
I wholeheartedly recommend you read the mentioned article and rethink your choices when the next crossroad comes.
Hint, you can choose the Must road — today.